In the last couple of weeks I’ve been working on major changes on the website. There are two main reasons for these sudden improvements: the previous one was broken and wasn’t responsive, and I need to start monetizing the website and podcast. As for the second reason I will talk about the changes below, but let’s start with the practical changes and improvements:
- The site is now responsive, meaning that it’s much more ready for smartphones and tablets
- It loads more quickly
- The structure is clearer and it’s easy to access to all the pages
- It’s easier to browse and download the episodes
- The website has now a store, where you will be able to find merchandising that I’ve designed and (as soon as I sell three items and Amazon gives me the PA API) affiliate links to:
- There’s a donation page
Meanwhile, you can check out the best books of each category by clicking here.
As I will announce in a few days in the podcast, I need to start monetizing the podcast and website. Making podcasts and building a community around them requires time, but history podcasts demand 30 hours or more per episode, just to make a 30 or 40-min episode. I’m not even counting the hours that I dedicate making daily posts for social media or to improve the website! Therefore, monetizing the podcast is a must. I’ve prepared four different channels to monetize it:
- Ads in the episodes. I will add one or two ads in each episode, although considering the current number of downloads I don’t think I will earn much…
- Patreon. This is one of the most popular ways to monetize content that online creators use. I’ve set up a Patreon page with perks like ad-free, one-week early access episodes, or merchandising
- One-time donations, that may be a more attractive option for those that are want to support the podcast without paying a monthly subscription like it happens with Patreon.
- The Store where I sell merchandising and books, all related to Spain and Spanish culture!
I hope you all understand it, make sure you check out the store or the Patreon perks because you might be interested!